Coach’s Code of Conduct
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a desire to win.
- I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all players, coaches, officials, and fans.
- I will teach love of the game foremost and do my best to organize practices that are fun and challenging.
- I will encourage my players to be gracious in victory and to turn defeat into victory by working towards improvements.
- I will encourage all players to always show good sportsmanship and play by the rules.
- I will applaud good plays by my team and the opposing team.
- I will not openly question an official's judgement or honesty.
- I will know and adhere to league rules including those involving playing time.
- While I am responsible for my team, I recognize that all members of MSA including opposing players and coaches, officials and board members are all part of the larger, same team.
- I will not use or tolerate foul language.
- I will refrain from all alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs at practices or games.
- I will remember that I am a youth sports coach and that the game is for children and not adults.
MSA has the right to put any coach on probation or to suspend or remove entirely from any team participation.