Hey Players, Parents, Coaches, and Spectators,
The Board of MSA has had internal discussions, as well as discussions with the Garrett County Health Department about how we need to handle issues related to COVID-19 and its variants. Below are the updated COVID Protocols that Mountaintop Soccer will be following this Fall 2021 Season:
- Masks for Players - we are encouraging masks to be worn to the fields. Players on the field of play are not required to wear a mask, but once players come to the sidelines they will be encouraged to put on their masks while they wait to enter the playing field.
- Masks for Parents/Spectators - we are encouraging masks to be worn down on the field, while on the sidelines. If you choose to stay in/around your car, wearing a mask is at your own discretion.
- Masks for Coaches/Referees - all Coaches and Referees will be encouraged to wear a mask while on the field.
- Snacks (U6/U8) - no snacks this year - players must bring their own water bottles and must keep them separate from other players.
- Spectators - must remain off the field of play, sitting on the opposite side of the field from the players.
- Balls - we are not handing out equipment bags this season - we are asking each player to bring their own ball to the games. If a player does not have a ball, the league will provide one for the duration of the season. Coaches will have access to a First Aid Kit, please discuss with your Division Coordinator.
- Handshakes, High Fives, and Huddles - the Garrett County Health Department recommended that we enforce NO Handshakes, High Fives, or Huddles. Their recommendation was to limit AS MUCH direct physical contact as possible. After the game, teams are encouraged to wave to the opposing team, and the referees, as a show of sportsmanship.
- COVID Exposure - the biggest concern we have for players, parents, and coaches is that if your child (or team) has been exposed, you need to notify the Coach immediately and DO NOT bring your kids out to practice/play.
Following these protocols will hopefully allow us to have a safe and fun season. Thank you for your cooperation!
If you have any questions about any of our policies this season, please email the league at firstname.lastname@example.org, or get in touch with any of our Board Members.
- Mountaintop Soccer Board of Directors
Below is a link to a document, from the Spring Season, that the Garrett County Health Department provided to us. To view the Interim Guidance for Limited Outdoor Youth Sports from the State of Maryland, please click below. *Note: this guidance was from the Spring Season and some of the information may still be applicable this Fall.*
COVID Protocols Current as of September 8, 2021